Dailuaine WhiskyDailuaine Whisky Distillery (pronounced "dale-yu-an") was founded in 1852 by William Mackenzie who died in 1865. Dailuaine Whisky Distillery was subsequently leased to J. Fleming, a banker who founded Mackenzie and Co. with William Mackenzie's son. In 1884 it became one of the largest whisky distilleries in the highlands. In 1889 Charles Doig built the first pagoda whisky distillery structure in Scotland, but in 1917 a fire destroyed the pagoda roof. Dailuaine closed following the fire and reopened three years later.
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 Pages)