Glendronach WhiskyGlendronach Whisky Distillery was founded in 1826 by James Allardes and is located near Forgue, Huntly. Glendronach Whisky Distillery was the second distillery in Scotland to apply for a licence to produce whisky under the Excise Act of 1823. Glendronach was purchased by Teachers Ltd. around 1960 and shortly after the stills increased from two to six. In 1996 the distillery was mothballed & it reopened in 2001. Water is drawn from the Dronac Burn within the distillery grounds and it has its own floor maltings.
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 (1 Pages)