Strathisla WhiskyStrathisla Whisky Distillery is the oldest continuously operating whisky distillery in Scotland. It was founded in 1789, the land being leased from the Earl of Seafield. By 1830, the Strathisla Whisky Distillery was owned by William Longmore and in 1879, the Strathisla Whisky Distillery suffered terribly from a fire, but was rebuilt with a bottling plant. Bought in 1940 by Jay Pomeroy, a fraudulent financier, it was later acquired in 1950 by James Barclay of Chivas Brothers. It has an annual capacity of 2.4 million litres.
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 (1 Pages)