Caol Ila WhiskyCaol Ila Whisky (which is Gaelic for Sound of Islay) is pronounced as "col-eela". The name relates to the location of the Caol Ila Whisky Distillery on the shore of the Sound of Islay, less than a mile north of Port Askaig. Caol Ila Whisky Distillery was founded in 1846 by Hector Henderson and in 1863 the business was acquired by Bulloch Lade & Co. of Glasgow, who were traders in bulk whisky stocks. By the 1880's, over 147,000 gallons of Caol Ila Whisky were produced by Caol Ila each year.
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 (1 Pages)