Brora Whisky

Brora Whisky

Brora Whisky Distillery was built in 1819 by the Marquess of Stafford, and was known as `Clynelish` for nearly 50 years until the Clynelish Distillery opened in 1968, whereupon its name was changed to "Brora". Between 1969 and 1973, Brora produced a heavily peated whisky for blending which was to cover a shortage of Islay whisky caused by a drought. Most of the whisky produced by Brora after 1973 is in the lightly peated Highland style. In 1983 production stopped and the distillery was mothballed.

There are no products to list in this category.