Glen Albyn WhiskyGlen Albyn Whisky Distillery was built in 1846 and its history is strewn with difficulties; it closed shortly after opening and it was put up for sale in 1855, but there were no buyers. The Glen Albyn Whisky Distillery's buildings were used as a flour mill and it wasn't until 1884 that Glen Albyn was refitted as a single malt whisky distillery. The distillery buildings were used as a US Navy mine factory during WW1. It was bought by DCL in 1972, although it was closed down in 1983. Five years later the whisky distillery buildings were demolished.
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 (1 Pages)