Glendullan WhiskyGlendullan Whisky Distillery was built in 1897 and is the seventh distillery in the Dufftown area. A local saying is "Rome was built on seven hills and Dufftown stands on seven stills". In 1926, Distillers Company Limited bought the distillery, and in 1939 Scottish Malt Distillers took over management of the site. Glendullan Whisky Distillery closed during World War II, due to a lack of barley and remained closed from 1940 to 1947. The single malt whisky distillery was extensively refurbished in the 1960's and subsequently a new distillery was built near the old one in the early 1970's. The older distillery was wound down and production stopped in it in 1985. In 1985 the original distillery was mothballed, and Diageo bought Scottish Malt Distillers. The site has 3 wash stills of 33,700 litres capacity, and 3 spirit stills of 23,800 litres capacity. The Glendullan Distillery produces 4 million litres per year.
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 Pages)