Glencadam WhiskyGlencadam Whisky Distillery was founded in 1825 in Brechin, Angus and reduced production during World War II owing to overall rationing laws. Hiram Walker bought the distillery in 1954 and they were bought by George Ballantine & Son Ltd two years later. Ownership of the distillery eventually passed to Allied Domecq through further consolidation in the industry. Allied Domecq mothballed the distillery in 2000 before selling the distillery to the present owners, Angus Dundee plc in 2003. Angus Dundee also own the Tomintoul Distillery. The present owners resumed production and the produce from the distillery is used in their own blended and vatted malt whisky products, as well as being sold to other blenders. Glencadam Malt Whisky is available in a range of official bottlings, as a component of Ballantine's and Stewart's Cream of the Barley blended whiskies, Angus Dundee's own blended and vatted whiskies, and in a number of other blended brands.
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 (1 Pages)