Benrinnes WhiskyBenrinnes Whisky Distillery, founded in 1826 was destroyed by floods in 1829. In 1835 the Benrinnes Whisky Distillery was rebuilt, but in 1896 it was damaged by fire. Rebuilt, it was converted to be powered by electricity. In 1966, three stills were added to the three existing stills and the distillery converted to internal heating in 1970. In 1974 Benrinnes Whisky changed its distillation process to a partial triple distillation. In this process the feints from the wash still, the weaker parts of feints of the spirit still, and the feints from the low wine still itself are distilled in a still, while the spirit still is fed by the foreshots and the heart of the wash and low wine still, and its own foreshots and strong feints. This was abandoned in 2007, when it switched to two wash and four spirit stills. The necks of the stills are cooled by worm tubs, a technique that is no longer very common.
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 Pages)