Glenfarclas WhiskyGlenfarclas Whisky Distillery, whose name means "valley of the green grass", is located in Ballindalloch. Glenfarclas Whisky Distillery is owned and run by the Grant family and was bought by them in 1865. There are six stills in the Glenfarclas Whisky Distillery which are the largest on Speyside and are heated by gas with usually two stills kept in reserve. The whisky distillery has approximately 50,000 casks maturing on site in traditional dunnage warehouses which house stock from every year dating from 1952. In January 2011 Glenfarclas released a limited edition bottling to mark the distillery's 175th anniversary. In June 2015, Glenfarclas released another limited edition bottling called the £511.19s.0d Family Reserve. This was launched to mark 150 years of the Grant Family owning the distillery. The name of this bottling references the price John Grant paid for the distillery in 1865. The bottle is sold with a copy of the original bill of sale for the distillery.
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)